Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jane Doe

Can anyone help this bird? - He has been sold

Guest Jane Doe

I saw this grey on preloved the other day, he's haunting me he looks so much like my Casper who died from aspergillosis it made me cry. He is in a very narrow cage (you can tell by the angle of the photo where the bars are) I can only see a polly pastel perch and a couple of naff old style toys that are probably 10 years old like the cage and the bird. I wish I could have him but I 'v recently used my overdraft to buy two siblings so they wouldn't be seperated so I can't run to that at the moment, he'd also need quarenteening/ disease testing so it's not like I could sneak him into my birdroom like I have done with birds from that came from the same source :oops: :roll: I don't know what else I can do apart from bring the advert here and hope someone might want him. :(

http://www.preloved.co.uk/fuseaction-adverts.showadvert/index-1031248811/a5642066.html

Hi Jane ,The cage looks like those " Holding syle" cages used by crappy pet shops

I have emailed him as the phone number says evening only , my other half is in kent on friday so if it works out heres hoping i'm lucky i don't have to sneak any in as John worrys just as much as me

I'll let you know

Guest choccyb

Good luck let us know if you manage to "rescue him". I have my mums CAG here at the moment who I need help with but will do a separate post for that. xxxx

Ive no cash nor room. What a picture of him poor little thing.

I think the least people can do on these ads is give a bit of history, reasons for selling etc.

Its called Preloved after all.

I dont like the site, and never view it, other than the links on here. I couldnt cope with seeing all these pets in need of homes where they will be loved.

We cant rescue them all.

Guest Jane Doe

I think he was most probably bought from Wiltons as the area is Basildon, probably handreared but left to lose tamness hence semi tame.

I am sorry JD, I hope someone can help.

But there's so many like that poor thing.

I am afraid I am like Gooner, don't go and torture myself either.

And spot on about "Preloved", should be renamed "preneglected".

Guest Jane Doe

The advert is about 12 days old now so anyone can answer, don't know if he's still for sale or if the owner just hasn't bothered to remove the ad. :?

Guest Jane Doe

Hi Leigh, perhaps he has been rehomed, that sort probably wouldn't have the manners to reply or to bother to remove the advert. If he has been rehomed lets hope it's someone decent and they buy him a bigger cage, I'll keep an eye on the ad, see if there's any updates or changes.

as with gooner, a sad sight/site. if someone can afford him but not pick him up then if not more than few hundred miles then I may be able to help with transport, I am in Gatwick area

Andy

PS:Not sure how to post new thread but have grey who loves to come out of cage, got new cage(BIG) and he was scared of it. Got him in it and now seems really happy in it but wont "up we go" onto my arm to come out for a fly? puffs up when I get too close to him but ok for loving regurgitate and kiss kiss with me on the outside.

Guest Jane Doe

The ad is still there, it's not been updated since being put on so he could still be for sale or he could have gone, so lazy not bothering to update the ad which is now on about page 17 or so! How much effort does that take. ](*,) :roll:

Guest Jane Doe

Thanks for the update, hopefully he has gone to a good home, I don't think a scumbag would pay £350 for a 10 year old grey.