Sign in to follow this  
ellen

Which parrots are less noisy?

Could anyone tell me if there are any parrots that are not too noisey as i live in a built up area. I had a pair of blk headed caiques which drove my neighbours as well as myself nuts :( I had a pair of blue headed pionus, when the cock bird was in breeding condition you could hear him for miles!! He then turned into a wife beater, we breed lovebirds and usually have quite a few in our aviaries at any one time, maybe this is what triggers off the parrots to be so loud !! Am i just kidding myself that i could ever have and breed from a pair of parrots that are not too noisy? Best wishes, ellen :D

There all noisy to a degree,depends what you and the people near you can tolerate......we have caiques and greys in aviaries and the caiques are the most noisy.sometimes noise isnt determined by decibels but duration.....a grey can be loud but its over with quickly were as caiques are always whining about summat lol we live in a cul-de -sac and 90% of our neibours dont even realise we keep birds.

The pair of caiques that we had just never shut up!! From dawn to dusk they made their high pitch noise, only relief was when we gave them something they loved like a walnut split in two. We could have coped with the usual morning chatter but their noise was relentless, they had access to an outdoor flight so its not as if they were bored. Our neighbours certainly knew that we had birds. Ellen.

avoid a Mealy Amazon unless you really dislike your neighbours :lol::lol::lol:

we have greys, caiques, senegals, meyers, eclectus and a few other breeds but i find the Meyers rather quiet :D:D

If all else fails buy a canary at least they sing well :wink: :wink: :wink: