Sign in to follow this  
Mandyandflock

Anita and Pepe

Well Anita and her partner have set off on holiday to Scotland and entrusted me to the care of her darling little Pepe. Can I just say what a well spoilt and well cared for bird he is. Pepe is sitting here on my shoulder as I type happily preening (he took to me straight away). He has mountains of food, mountains of toys, a wonderful cage and is a well adjusted little birdie. He is a credit to Anita, and the work they both put into him. Oh and Anita and her partner are wonderful people too, and Anita if you are reading this...You left your gloves here! :wink:

Just really happy to see a bird that really is well cared for, makes a wonderful change to the poor sorry states I see most of the time.

:D

Hi Mandy, I am reading this now! Thank you so much for your lovely words. We think the same of you. I was so warried of leaving Pepe to go in holiday..and when I left your house I felt fine. I know he is in wonderful hands. I was very impressed by your wonderfull manner with all your rescued and your own birds and Pepe. It does really shows all the experience you have got in parrot keeping. I loved the way you handled him immediatly he felt he could trust you. I am sure he will be fine and I can now enjoy my holiday. I wish to thanks Yvonne, too becaouse she made wonderful stuff for Pepe and he really likes his toys! Soory for the gloves I was just too happy to have met you and to see what a wonderful place it will be for Pepe with you, that I completely forgot the gloves, I will get them when I come back!

Thank you so much Mandy!

Anita and Simon

P.S. sorry for my English ( I have a lot in my heart I would love to say and the words just don't come!)

Anita you are more than welcome.....And your english is fantastic, please dont worry about that!

Yes, Pine for parrots. After seeing Anita's lot I will be placing an order in readiness for Xmas pressies! :D

See you soon Anita, take care and have a great holiday!

So........... is this where we can start talking about Anita?

oops.... Only joking!!!! lol :):):):)

I think this is one of the great things about this place, people find people they can trust that will give their birds the same love they do when they go away.

Have a lovely time Anita xxxx

Rubytoo looked after Boo and Spook for me for about 7 weeks. I knew they would be just fine with her and she has since become practically my best friend. This definitely is a great place :-)

I think you just know sometimes.... I mean I know if I ever had to leave my birds with someone I didnt really know I would be so worried, so I always put myself in that other persons shoes who are leaving the birds with me. If they can stay in a simular routine, and get some loving too then it helps ease the worry for the owners. I treat other peoples birds how I would treat my own for the time they are with me.

I love to see a bird so well cared for like that, and that just instantly tells me what sort of person they are....

Listen to me rabbling on LOL Well all birdies are tucked up now asleep, Pepe tucked up in his little hut, he really is such a cutey! I've never seen my Pepsi hop either, so to see the 'caique' hop has been an experience!

I first emailed Ruby when i got Boo because i liked the way she posted, always full of good advice and i was a novice Too owner. By the time it came to needing somewhere for the birds to go, i had absolutely no fears.

It was Boo's 1st birthday when they were there and she sent me some lovely pics of the "birdie" party they had.

I'm sure Pepe will enjoy his stay with you and your birdies, it sounds like he's settled straight in. Ohh the caiquey "hop" is hysterical <g> i love these little guys so much!

Yes it is so funny! He did it for the first time when Anita and her partner were here, and I said 'oh, that's a new one on me!' LOL Pepsi is only just learning to be a caique playing etc... Maybe one day she will do the hop just for me! :D

I'm sure she will :-) It took Chi a little while to play with toys, he only had a ladder and a broken toy in a tiny cage. He never stops now, he especially loves the wooden hammers from Yvonne I need to get my order in for christmas too lol, i've changed it about a dozen times!

I first emailed Ruby when i got Boo because i liked the way she posted, always full of good advice and i was a novice Too owner. By the time it came to needing somewhere for the birds to go, i had absolutely no fears.

It was Boo's 1st birthday when they were there and she sent me some lovely pics of the "birdie" party they had.

I'm sure Pepe will enjoy his stay with you and your birdies, it sounds like he's settled straight in. Ohh the caiquey "hop" is hysterical <g> i love these little guys so much!

Rubes would be my first port of call too. :)

We keep joking that i should move next door to her lol, it would be birdie talk all day. I reckon our OH's would think they'd been abandoned! <g>

lets make a date and time and all move in lol. :wink:

Guest ytagguk

Anita, thank you for the kind comments, i am glad pepe is in good hands,

i dont get on hear as much as i would like (i used to be on loads) but since i started to sell my toys, i never have a spare minute LOL

I am so glad pepe is being looked after well, i know anita looks after him so very well, and pepe is loved very much, i agree with mandy, it is great to see such a well cared for parrot, i just wish this was the case with ALL parrots.

mandy, thanks for the nice comments on my toys, i do put an awful lot of thought into every toy i make, I always have the parrots in mind, and their safety is very important to me.

anyone wanting toys for christmas, please get your orders in early to avoid disapointment.

i don't have shelfs full of my own made toys, most are made to order, and there is only me that can make them, so i can only do what i can do LOL

warmest regards Yvonne

Yvonne I'm just putting my order together. i LOVE the little foot toys, dunno if it's just me, but I always struggle finding smaller foot toys for the medium sized bird, and yours are just perfect! Will be ordering in the next day or so.

Mandy x

Ah that was so nice of you to step in Mandy :) I am sure Pepe will have a great time, and not miss his family too much.

All you have to do is keep caiques busy... lol.

Though they seem to manage non stop "busyness" without much help!

I think his family will miss him more than he will them

Yvonne you don't have time to post, not even to thank people...it's nearly christmas and there's birdies needing toys.

:wink:

:oops: Not sure why i came up on this post, but thank you all for the kind words...I didn't do nuffin'. End of. :)

Guest ytagguk

"Yvonne you don't have time to post, not even to thank people...it's nearly christmas and there's birdies needing toys. "

you are right, i dont have time to post, LOL

Yvonne xx

Ah that was so nice of you to step in Mandy :) I am sure Pepe will have a great time, and not miss his family too much.

All you have to do is keep caiques busy... lol.

Though they seem to manage non stop "busyness" without much help!

I think his family will miss him more than he will them

Yvonne you don't have time to post, not even to thank people...it's nearly christmas and there's birdies needing toys.

:wink:

:oops: Not sure why i came up on this post, but thank you all for the kind words...I didn't do nuffin'. End of. :)

You are right there Rubytoo - Keep em busy and they are happy! Pepe was happy enough with me right from the start, they are anyone's birds for a bit of fun lol :lol:

Well Anita text to say they are having a good time and thinking about Pepe, I just told them he's fine and happy. And tonight he's rolling around in my washing pile! :roll: Typical Caique! :lol: