Sign in to follow this  
sharongooner

Pixie ate some apple yippee!!!!

Well you all know my little devil iin disguise Pixie the too. She wont as a rule take any food other than seed from me. I give her a fresh bowl every single day when the others have their fruit and veg as Im sure she would mentally feel left out if I didnt (believe me these too's brains work in very mysterious ways).

I have tried and tried to offer her food from the hand and she turns her beak up as if to say "From you?? You expect me to take THAT from YOU??!! Pah!". So to stop any more of a barrier I havent done so in ages.

Benjie was a good boy today (went in his cage no fuss so deserved a quick reward) so I sliced an apple up into big chunks and gave him and Freddie a piece from the hand to hold and munch on. I thought Pix may feel left out so I stuck a bit in the bars of her cage. She pretended not to see me do it (they are very good at that to, but I saw her eyes move lol).

I was sitting about 5 minutes ago and I could hear soft munchings.... you know the sound lol.... there she was munching away on it.... and it had my scent on it!!!! :shock:

It may sound silly but this is a major major step for her on a day when she even let me stroke her inside her castle!! :lol:

Her little majesty has made me a very proud mum today :lol:

It just shows you that perserverence, coupled with patience can always reep rewards. 8)

(This time next year I'll have her eating out the palm of my hand :wink: oops........... watch out for that flying pig lol!!) :wink:

Im still chuffed!! Even though she just huffed at me cos its bed time and I happened to walk passed while dave was covering her up lol.

I actually think at times her hatred for me is stronger than her love for him??!! What a bird.....

(This time next year I'll have her eating out the palm of my hand :wink: oops...........

You typed a wrong word there Sharon - shouldn't it be 'eating the palm of my hand???' :wink:

(This time next year I'll have her eating out the palm of my hand :wink: oops...........

You typed a wrong word there Sharon - shouldn't it be 'eating the palm of my hand???' :wink:

That is much more the likely to happen yes!!! :lol:

Well its a mile stone im sure...........its her birdy way of saying.......ok i can smell you on it but hey you aint so bad after all..........nice one

Thats a big step forward Sharon :)

Snowy our LSC Too will take a piece of apple from me, but wont eat it until I am well out of sight and if I sneak a look from the other end of the room she will stop again. Thats Toos for ya :lol:

Thats a big step forward Sharon :)

Snowy our LSC Too will take a piece of apple from me, but wont eat it until I am well out of sight and if I sneak a look from the other end of the room she will stop again. Thats Toos for ya :lol:

I Know!!! They really are funny things. I like it when they think you are not watching, and you can see their beedy eyes moving all around!

Pixie would usually rather drop it than let me see her eat it, so hopefully this will carry on, fingers crossed for her xx

Good for you Sharon, you must be so pleased.

we went the oposite way today Charlie has been so good for a couple of weeks, he even lets me stroke his feet when he is out on the top of his cage and the other day let me stroke his head through the bars but tonight i was just passing his cage while he was out and said hello to him and he got me good. Right on the back of my wrist wow did it hurt but i never flinched just carried on walking then went in kitchen and cried. Blood everywhere its pretty colours now and so sore but we will try again tomorrow i will not give up on him.

Oh sue you poor thing. Well done for biting your lip before he got your reaction.

Dont let it put you off, small steps here and there.

Pixie is nearly 9 now, and I will never give in, neither should you xx