Sign in to follow this  
krisjvv

5 Youngs Greys (4/5 months) Stolen Northampton (NOV 2007)

Please be on the look out for any young greys offered under odd situations.

They really are cuddle soft lovely friendly birds so could easy be sold as home reared.

5 were stolen in a break in Friday night. They are closed-rung and we do have the numbers. But rings can be removed.

The breakin took only 6 mins from in to out. There is CCTV footage. On that I can say no more.

Be Vigilant guys, third breakin in this area. All were sucessful. These crooks know what they are about.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Title edited to add date - LAM)

:evil: seems to be alot of this in northampton/shire in a short period of time...............im affraid we have to be very careful....anyone can come to these boards appearing to be genuine in order to obtain info...its easy to see birds for sale section,ring the seller and at some point there address is given........please everyone be on your guard!!

Guest Gwydhyel

What is the status of guests on this forum, as regards to viewing posts and picking up information about members? I only ask because if you use this minute as an example, "In total there are 37 users online :: 8 Registered, 2 Hidden and 27 Guests".

What are all these guests doing? :?

exactly........i think we need to address that,maybe that you have to register before you can view the boards?....or even certain areas of the boards like the parrots for sale section,maybe even to just those who have paid ,then to be chatty,then at least there would be an address to fall back on?.......people do give away far too much information on here that could easily fall into the wrong hands.......like those who say well every thursday night i go to ........ and dont get back till late...........or im going on holiday,.......is looking after them,but has to work during the day till ......i hope they wil be ok..................i do find the 27 guests worrying though,..........if that cant be addressed,please be more cautious about what we post..........like when you have babies for sale........if someone rings and says can we come and have a look,dont give them your whole weeks diary of when you are in or out.........before you make a time and day..........this is the kind of thing that nightmares are made of,and far too close to home for my liking........it scares me to death to be honest

No, I am sorry but that isn't possible as the whole ethos of this forum is that all parrot based info is free and available to all .... getting info out is our mission.

The high level of guests is not real people but spy programmes/computers etc scanning to see if they can get past our defences (which they can't)

never mind thanks for explaining that............really its up to us to make sure we dont give out personal home life infomation that could answers a lot of questions theses kinds of people need answering...........just be mindful about what we post,its not always our trusted friends who can read it :wink:

Guest Gwydhyel

No, I am sorry but that isn't possible as the whole ethos of this forum is that all parrot based info is free and available to all .... getting info out is our mission.

The high level of guests is not real people but spy programmes/computers etc scanning to see if they can get past our defences (which they can't)

Thanks Roz, I do understand now! As Vikky says, everyone has to be careful what personal information they give out here.

I can't belive how many birds are stolen in UK. Where are this birds, who buy this birds...???

From last year I saw in Bucharest a lot of vehicles from UK, sell for a small price, maybe is the same story with the birds?!?!

Police do nothing for this, in Rom for stealing something (ex 100 euro) you can easy get 7years in jail, maybe in UK the punishment is not so severe...

I hope you all get your birds back asap !!!

just watch what you put out there . i mean you dont want strangers to know all your buisness . if you want to tell someone a certain thing then email them keep your life more private to keep safe. but making people pay will stop some from coming to this board for help . and thats what people like me needed was some friendly advise and help .