Sign in to follow this  
chrissimichelle

gang gang cockatoos

hi all ive recently been offered a supposedly proven pair of gang gang cockatoos, i dont know anything about these birds other than a few pics ive been sent can anyone tell me more about them like breeding habits if theyre able to breed successfully in uk are they allowed in uk are they cites listed life span amount of chicks they would produce noise levels anything would be useful also how much would a pair be priced at so far he says 900-00 for the pair how much is usual and how much would handreared chick be sold at thankyou all

Thanks for the picture MMM, i have visions of Cockatoos in little hoodies sat on a perch shouting verbal abuse at any body walking past and mugging you if you have any interesting food they want. Would you say i worked in London to long?

By the way they are stunning birds

SCAM! Gang Gangs sell for £15000-£22000pr,they are kept in the UK and have been bred in the UK.

Proof of parentage must be obtained,to prove that the parents were legally obtained even though the birds do not need Cites papers.These birds are for experienced breeders only.

It’s a pity the police can't be informed about such scams and let them investigate undercover to weed out these people. I am more worried there are birds somewhere in the background that are being neglected or passed round, stolen or just being abused in the quest to make money.

If the so called seller knows enough to know these birds are expensive and has all the chat when dealing with a potential buyer, this probably means they do keep birds of some sort to be able to bluff.

How would the exchanged have happened, if Chrissimichelle had said they were interested....would you meet in a motorway lay-by and exchange cash for birds (or just get mugged or been shown a half dead bird and made to feel guilty and parted with your money as you where not hard enough to walk away)......you do not get anything for nothing or cheep in this life.

These scams should be taken seriously because behind them are the abusers, money launderers and drug traffickers and worse.

SCAM! Gang Gangs sell for £15000-£22000pr,they are kept in the UK and have been bred in the UK.

Proof of parentage must be obtained,to prove that the parents were legally obtained even though the birds do not need Cites papers.These birds are for experienced breeders only.

At last someone talking sense about breeding cocatoos. :wink:

If you report an alleged case of attempted fraud (if the bird does not exist or stolen), the police are obliged to investigate the alleged attempted crime. Everybody is entitled to the legal protection of the authorities under Human Rights Act 1998, which is one of the only good things about the act.

Realistically, the police do not have enough resources to investigate things like this, we joined the Human Rights Act which is meant to protect the population, but it actually means that the people in charge of protecting the population cannot do their jobs, because of stupid laws.

The police do a great job with what resources they got, I wished they had more.

right ok then -i wouldnt have bought them in a layby or back of a car i would liked to have seen them in present environment first-its just ive never heard of this type of cockatoo before or seen them advertised before thanks for all the info people

all i know is the person named neil is from peterborough (supposedly)i dont have a contact number he rang me on an withheld number i said i would think about it and asked him to ring me in a couple of days but if anyone has had any stolen let me know if this person is trying to get rid of them cheap and quick then i would hope to get an actual address and possibly get ring numbers if any and distinguishing marks and hopefully reunite with help of police of course