Sign in to follow this  
kayg

PLEASE Help Bogus rescue!!!

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=269264

This woman opened her own rescue (Clifton dog rescue) now I know for a fact that alot of the dogs she "rescues" are sold on preloved.

So any desprate parrot owner may hand over their bird for her to just sell on to make money, There must be a law against this.

I've added a thread if you scroll to the last post she tell you her rehome policy.

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=266351

People like this make my blood boil is there any thing that can be done?

Any ideas as to who she really is? If I can get a name I will report it to Birdline.

With a rehoming policy like hers I would not let her care for an ant never mind a dog or bird.

MMM i will send the link to Birdline.

This woman needs stopping & I do have her name & email.

I will expose her on sheffield forum for what she really is!

I've just posted this to Birdline hope its ok?

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=269264

Dear Sir or Madam,

I would like to bring this to your attention just to clarify that this lady is genuinly going so safe house birds on behalf of Birdline.

This woman has her own dog rescue ( clifton dog rescue) and it is a know fact that she sells the rescued dogs on Preloved rather than find genuine homes for them.

Her name is G**** V***** and her email is xx**xx@hotmail.co.uk

The fact that she is advertising that she is a rescue is conserning me grately and if she is genuinely safehousing birds on behalf of Birdline please accept my appoligies for bothering you.

Mrs K ****

Edited by MadMudMob to protect privacy

Ooo just seen this i had an e mail from this person when i lost Jack offering her services to find him for me, as she was a long way away i refused seems she is a jack of all trades eh?. She may have very genuine in her efforts but it seemed a little strange, she saw my lost advert on pre-loved.

I really don't know what can be done, people should be careful when trying to rehome animals.

I've read threads on Give us a home where she is selling a recently purchased african grey baby another where she offers a GOOD home to a quaker and that owner fell for her charms because she thanks them for the bird later in the thread.

This woman has no morals and in my oppinion is happy to make money from needy animals.

Guest Gwydhyel

Unfortunately. Preloved is a hotbed of these ads. I've lost count of how many ageing grandmothers have lost their pet CAG and are looking for a free replacement. Or the person with a brand new aviary just waiting for every kind of parrot (free, of course) to fill it. I do wonder how many people seeking to rehome parrots actually fall for these scammers.

Good luck with the campaign to get this one stopped. If there's anything I can help with, let me know?

How sad am I that I have been watching her threads?

A lady on Sheffield forum who needed a dog rehoming asked for help from this so called rescue only to find her dog up for sale on Preloved.

I just don't want the same to happen with her new parrot venture, She offers parrot boarding on preloved and it states that she has cages yet she is asking for cages elsewere

its my opinion that these cages will be sold along with any birds she rescues.

All I can say is that she wont be able to do that with Birdline Birds. They cannot be rehomed or sold on at all, they are always to be returned back in the event they cannot be kept by the registered owner.

Well thats good to know, but if she is a trusted safehouser for birdline she could use the fact to gain peoples trust so that they hand over their birds to her for rehoming, she will then sell them on as she does with the dogs she rescues :x

..... if she is a trusted safehouser for birdline she could use the fact to gain peoples trust so that they hand over their birds to her for rehoming, she will then sell them on as she does with the dogs she rescues :x

This occured to me too. :(

Guest Jane Doe

As for her rehome policy :shock: We don't want her removing her post do we, it's copied here for everyone to see now. She doesn't bother grilling people or do a home check, more interested in dealing than finding good homes I think. :x

23-10-2007, 05:22 PM #13

xxhunniixx

yep thornberry arnt the best which is why i tend to do the opposite with my rehomes i dnt grill ppl about every detail i dnt home check while sum ppl find that irresponsible iv hardly had any really bad rehomes i offer them the opportunity to come back to me which i find works better than any rules or regs!!

xxhunniixx

View Public Profile

Find More Posts by xxhunniixx

Find threads started by xxhunniixx

If she is already all over the rest of the net she may well have found her way here........ and could be among us!

OMG what a scary thought!