Sign in to follow this  
justparrots

Desford

Hi Hunny,

we have been several times with 4 of our kids and it is a great day and each time we go the kids love it and there is pleanty to do including a woodland walk and the amount of birds frre flying is incredible and most have the oppotunity to free fly all year and best of all i got to feed their pair of Hyacinths some walnuts lol

well worth it !!

I've been there many times, I love it there. I always spend most of the day there, but that's coz there are so many different birds there to see and play with! I usually take one at a time up to the coffee area and have a little play :lol:

we visited yesterday and really enjoyed it, not too far from us so we will defo go again - with a hugh bag of nuts next time - there are so many birds wanting a nibble - great to see the hyacinths, was amazed there skin is yellow and they even have a yellow stripe both side of there tongue

we visited yesterday and really enjoyed it, not too far from us so we will defo go again - with a hugh bag of nuts next time - there are so many birds wanting a nibble - great to see the hyacinths, was amazed there skin is yellow and they even have a yellow stripe both side of there tongue

Did you get any piccys?

dont think any are clipped, there are avaries housing different species, the two hyacynths are in a large avary, there are lots of birds free flying, from macaws and greys who will come to you for nuts and the smaller birds just land on your shoulder for a cuddle . there was a badly plucked bird who couldnt fly, dont think he had enough feathers bless - he was on the wall outside the shop skipping along saying hello to everyone

will remember camera next time

Sounds brilliant. Every park Ive been too in England pretends to have birds up in trees but they are clipped and have to rely on their "keepers" (yer right) poking long poles up trees to take them in to their "homes" for feeding at the end of the day.

Non parrot keeping folk are none the wiser to this, if anything they probably think "great.,...... parrots living wild and loving it"

Little do they know they were probably placed there at 8am by a "keeper" and have to spend the rest of the day there.

I wonder how many falls they have over time that makes them adjust to the fact they have to stay put.

i have some pics of the hyacinths at desford and the plucked one i asked once at desford if any of the birds are clipped and the answer is no and occasionally they have to goand retrieve birds from around the village lol

dont think any are clipped, there are avaries housing different species, the two hyacynths are in a large avary, there are lots of birds free flying, from macaws and greys who will come to you for nuts and the smaller birds just land on your shoulder for a cuddle . there was a badly plucked bird who couldnt fly, dont think he had enough feathers bless - he was on the wall outside the shop skipping along saying hello to everyone

That would be the residant Moluccan cockatoo, I forget his name now. He is a total darling, but dont get him on you coz he never comes off LOL When me and my friend went I was playing with the U2, she had the M2, and neither one would go back to the parks people :lol:

was the plucked bied a mollucan too?

i think he was a too not sure what species - he was a real love though - until he started screeching, you wouldnt need a burglar alarm if he lived with you