Sign in to follow this  
jemma

cockateil help

hi guys

i have had my two cockateil's peppa and rocco living together for a couple of months. rocco is around 18mths and peppa is 5mths. they got on really well to begin with he(rocco) was so happy to have a little birdie friend they both used follow & preened each other it was so nice. although recently she(peppa) has started been really mean to little rococo, every time he goes near her she bites him & chases him away, and early yesterday evening rocco had two areas of dried blood on his wings with 2 little cuts. im not sure if this is down to her but i dont know how eals he would have cut himself ?????

so i have set up the another cage and moved peppa into a cage next to his, but this has made rocco so sad he spends all his time trying to get to her, i've let them out together but she just bites him if he gets to close.

so i was hoping for some advise as rocco is not happy, he misses his friend, would there be any reason that peppa has recently 'gone off' him, do you think that this is just a phase or is there anything i can do to help them become friends again, its so sad :(

thankx

jemma

but this has made rocco so sad he spends all his time trying to get to her, i've let them out together but she just bites him if he gets to close.

:twisted: a parrotty divorce :?: :shock: ----- it could just be their ages and hopefully they`ll get back together ! At 5months she may becoming sexually mature but not ready for his advances towards her and he`s not got the sense to back off . Hopefully given a couple of months and she`ll change again , & he`ll realise that if she says NO she means just that !