Sign in to follow this  
sparkkwing

Silly question No. 1 (perfume)

No such thing as a silly question :)

I have never heard of perfume being a problem so it should be fine if used moderately and you prevent your bird from actually touching or licking the area where it has been applied.

As with all changes .... just keep in mind that if your bird suddenly behaves as though spooked immediately after you start using the perfume, then it may well be that that is bothering/upsetting your bird.

Should also add - never spray/apply the perfume in the same room as your bird .... this goes for all aerosols and/or sprays

That should freshen the breath then - ugh! However I was once talking to a wonderful old 'gentleman of the road' who told me how his wife caught him drinking aftershave, which proved to be the last straw for her, and she left. Had to attend his funeral shortly after he told me this.

Thats alright then - can keep my smell. Aromatics is the only one I use. Daft thing is that I can't smell it after a couple of minutes but always getting comments about how nice it is, and feel naked without it.

Now that raises an interesting question - if parrots can stress out about us having different hairdos or clothes - what if they catch us NAKED?

My parrot wolf whistles at me when he sees me naked!!! lol lol :lol:

He also does the same when he sees my boyfriend naked, the funny thing is that when the parrot whistles at him my boyfriend covers his bits and gets all embarrassed. :roll:

I PMSL so much when that happens!!! lol lol :lol:

My parrot wolf whistles at my boyfriend when he sees him naked ie. when my boyfriend comes out of the bath and is going from the bathroom to the bedroom. I find it hilarious cos my boyfriend gets all embarrassed!! lol lol

My parrot wolf whistles at me when he sees me naked!!! lol lol :lol:

He also does the same when he sees my boyfriend naked, the funny thing is that when the parrot whistles at him my boyfriend covers his bits and gets all embarrassed. :roll:

I PMSL so much when that happens!!! lol lol :lol:

:roll: :oops: Got this delicate matter over and done with yesterday - she coped with the shock - looked at me as if to say 'where your feathers gone?'