Sign in to follow this  
Pottys Mum

SUCCESSFUL REUNIONS!

We are delighted to put a reply on this topic. We lost Casper our African Grey on March 15th 2007 and for 3 days we were totally shocked and lost. Luckily she was spotted 2 miles away and reported to the RSPCA and we collected her 3 days later on the Saturday afternoon. She was a shattered and very hungrey, but I think very glad to be home!!! We are so pleased she is back with us. We never realised what a huge part of our lives she is and she is only 3 years old!!! She is sat on my shoulder while I type.

A wonderful success story, but many thanks must go to the people in this forum for their help, support and guidance. Thank you all.....

G&N

What a lovely idea for a thread and I hope it can be of some comfort and reassurance to anyone out there who loses a bird. We lost Bubba at the beginning of February and he was out for 4 days. The weather was appauling and it was cold and raining for most of the time. Amazingly he turned himself in at a care home 5 miles from where he flew away. We went through all sorts of turmoil and grief whilst hunting for him...we posted hundreds of leaflets, posted up dozens of posters locally and in shops, alerted the newspapers, got the neighbours looking and trawled the streets ourselves for 3 days morning til night. Turns out a poster at the local CO OP and the kindness of a local lady who just happened to work in the carehome were the catalysts for us getting him back. He was taken to an RSPCA centre locally and we were reunited with him...I will never forget seeing him sitting in the centre and I cried with joy that we got him back.

Good luck to anyone out there who has lost their bird...these parroty types are savvy creatures and I believe they will find a way to get home...

Here is the Bubba thread that ran whilst he was missing

https://www.parrot-link.co.uk/topic/10154-ow-amazon-missing-ashford-kent-now-safely-back-home/

Hi

Hope nobody minds me popping this on,

Last year on Aug 20 a proven pair (later turned out to be 2 hens) of Senegals escaped and as they were not tame we thought that was the last we would see of them but each night they returned and roosted in next doors apple tree and each morning off they went, amazingly after 4 days they decided to come home and we thanked ourLucky stars. We thought that her adventures were over until Mon 13th August 2007 she "picked " the padlock on her cage and made a run for it as soon as the birdroom door was open, we were devastated as to get out once and return was amazing but twice!!! but yet again that night she returned to munch the berries next door, morning came and off she went, after 4 days she came home AGAIN, This little story really is a credit to the lovely Houdini and her ability to come home she also managed to find another Senegal while on her travels that we are in the process of trying to catch so if we do i will post a message

Thanks for reading

And another bird safely back home!

This goes to show how far even a little Cockatiel can fly .....

He had flown over 37 miles in the 2 weeks he was free. Apart from being very hungry he was in lovely condition when we picked him up

https://www.parrot-link.co.uk/topic/13253-found-cockatiel-between-northamptondaventry-reunited/