Sign in to follow this  
Little Als Mum

REPORT SCAM BIRD INTERNET ADVERTS/SALES HERE PLEASE

Its probably a dealer..... as you say buying a 4 week old Grey for around £250-£300 & selling it on for £600-£700 in only a couple of months ...these adverts are quite common.

If they are experienced breeders/Handrears there breaking no laws with there advert.

We get pestered all the time....only this week we were asked to sell Conure eggs.....the lady had no incubator or brooder & had never hand reared before.....I think she thought she could hatch them in an airing cupboard :lol: ....nothing sinister about her just so very naive.

Its probably a dealer..... as you say buying a 4 week old Grey for around £250-£300 & selling it on for £600-£700 in only a couple of months ...these adverts are quite common.

If they are experienced breeders/Handrears there breaking no laws with there advert.

We get pestered all the time....only this week we were asked to sell Conure eggs.....the lady had no incubator or brooder & had never hand reared before.....I think she thought she could hatch them in an airing cupboard :lol: ....nothing sinister about her just so very naive.

i can imagine gary when you had this call, you grilled her about her experiance ect...then turned her down...quite rightly so. :)

but im sure to some new dealers it is quite easy for them to do a google search to find the right things to say re.experiance ect...

just worry for the poor babys out there who are purchased by people who havnt a clue?

just come across this free add

PRICE... WANTED FREE £0

macaw red colour prefered,not too mischiefeuse no swearing as i have 2 younge children who i think will find this type of bird a pleasant challenge,a lovin home awaits a kind persons offer or someone who just can't cope any more,we're not scared of askin a proffesional for advise if needed,the birds origenal cage n accesories will be needed or any one sellin a cheap new cage,NO CON PEOPLE MESSIN WITH OUR EMOTIONS PLEASE..hope to here from someone soon,i know it's a cheeky offer but as a mum of 2 i just can't afford the market price of this bird,i think it's just the thing for my 7yr old boy

is someone having a laugh?

p.s that not my spelling it,s from the add

:wink: :lol:

In a way its soooo bad that it seems almost faked. I know some people have difficulty with spelling etc, and Im the worst offender for not adhereing to the queens english whilst on the net (dropping letters here and there) but thats just terrible!

I have reporeted a scam today about African Greys the ad said for sale parents and four babies, nice pics of them but all they want is for you to pay delivery up front sorry i don't know how to get the ad on to here

Amanda

Could have a new one for you pretending to be in Ireland.Claiming to have Palm cockatoos,Hyacinths and all other cockatoos anad rare parrots.I have emailed them asking for a price list. They claim that their wife usd to be an advisor for bird talk but for their contacts the dont give a phone number but where the number should be included they provide the english number code 0044 and then Blank. irelands code is 00353 so that makes me pretty suspicious, Also saying they have Palms as as far as me and all the other breeders that I know have never heard of someone with Palms. Gang Gangs,Hyacinth and red tailed Black yes but they are the only Common Rare parrots that we havent heard of any one with. The site is http://www.parrotfarm.faithweb.com

SCAM EMAIL ALERT

Please DO NOT respond - posted here to warn others of such scams

Edited by LAM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(williampaul87@yahoo.co.uk) ~~~Hello Dear,

Thanks for your mail and interest toward our babies African Grey parrots Tiki, Charon, Lydie and Coco. They are 9month old. well tamed and trained in USDA standard. They have been vet check DNA tested. have good temperaments with kids and other house hold pets.raise for lovable personality and have shown signs of a good sense of humor, They have started using words in context, with past, present and future tenses, and are often inventive. They give hug and kisses and also do greet.

To begin I will start by asking you some few question.

-Are you a breeder?

-Are you use to African Grey parrots?

-How old are you?

-Are you married?

-Do you have kids?

-What is your occupation?

-Are you are Christian?

-Give me a Brief Description about your Environment ?

-Are you sure that you are going to take care of our Birds?

-Were exactly are you located?

-Can we have your Phone Number to reach you?

With this information we will be for sure that you are going to take good care of the Birds,And we will be Very Happy if you can get back to us with all the Answers to the Questions.

They will come with all their Vet Record and Registered Document, Playing Toys, Birds Formula, Couple of weeks food,Nutrition Hand Manual Regard to their feeding,Air condition Ventilated Cage,Pet Degree Sanction, Health Guarantee certificate also with their Electronic Video Playing Album.

We will be transporting the Birds from western Scotland to your home .Since we are not selling the Birds but looking for them a good home due to the nature of our job,you are only required to pay for the transportation fee which will cost you 300pounds for a pair including their cage and other accessories .Below are attachment of their pictures.

Thanks,

Best regard,

William and Aniston

SCAM EMAIL ALERT

Edited by LAM

imma4west@yahoo.com~~~Hi there,

thanks for the mail. Mark and Rema are the two available parrots out of four (male and female). They are hand raised and home trained with all papers. DNA registered and have a good relationship with kids and other pets. They are vet checked with up to date vet records and are ready to go for adoption with free parrot cage and toys. I am looking for a good home and will meet up any requirements if needs to be transported. They are 10 months old. They will be going out for free adoption and a free cage and other accessories. You will be required to pay the transportation fee if needs to be transported. I am giving them for adoption because my job requires a lot of time so I immediately realized that they are going to be lonely since they are very delicate creatures that needs a lot of care and devotion and that is why I have decided to give them out to a loving and caring home where they will be loved and will be given all the time and attention that they need so if you are interested, get back to me and lets see how they get home. Where are you located and how soon do you want them? how many? If needs to be transported, then get back to me with your full names, address and phone number including your postal code so that i should make transportation arrangements. I am located in Girvan, Scotland ok. Awaiting your reply..

SCAM EMAIL ALERT

Edited by LAM

nasspenda@gmail.com~~~

Good day,i am very happy for your concern u have for my parrot's.they are 4left all available ready to go to their new home's.i got a male and afemale and the female is call carol and the male is call Marc,i haveattach their pictures so u will tell me the sex and the one u areinterested inn.each will cost u just £200 so i will like to know if uwant both or i will like to know if carol or Marc is coming to alovely family.well i will be waiting to hear from u again and whereare u located right now.waiting.................

ello, how are you doing i hope all is fine? am happy you get back to us.for the seek of Christmas i will give you one for £100 but you haveto assure me that you will take very good care of carol and Marc andagain i will like to let you know that we are now located in isle ofman and i will be very happy if you can come for pick up your selfbut if that seems to be impossible then we can arrange for a homedelivery right at your door step first think tomorrow morning and thiswill cost you £90 for the home delivery.so all together including theprice of the parrots and the delivery fee it will cost u £290 and uwill be making all the payment to the delivery agency.so if u are okaywith that then do forward me with your full delivery details as below.full names............home address.........post code..................city..................phone number..........both land line and mobile...as soon as i have those in information above i will take it tothe delivery agency and arrange for the delivery first think tomorrowmorning so kindly get back to me as soon as possible thanks and waiting

mcpeters@kittymail.com~~~

Told him a little about us looking for a companion ~he said~

Thanks for your details.But there is something i don't seem to get along with.Do you want my parrots or what?And where are you located in the country?Hoping to hear from you asap.regards

Asked him are they tame how old etc..~he replied~

Do you want to purchase my parrots or what?

I say where in uk are you ?? because you didn't mention ~he said~I wouldn't until you tell me if you are interested in my parrots.I am giving them out for adoption and what you have to pay for is the delivery fee because i live far from your area(newcastle upon tyne).regards

I said may i have your postcode so i may be able to arrange collection ~

IF YOU ARE READY TO PAY 600POUNDS FOR THE PARROTS?THEN I WILL GIVE YOU MY FULL HOME ADDRESS..BUT IF IT IS TO BE DELIVERED,THEN THE DELIVERY AIRPORT IN MY AREA WILL CHARGE YOU 120POUNDS.CHOOSE YOUR OPTION AND MAIL ME BACK.

I asked why more if i collect?~ he replied~

Do you want to purchase my parrots or what?

so i simply replied ....NO

SORRY FORGOT TO MENTION ALL SCAMS DO NOT REPLY TO ANY OF THESE POSTS !!!!!!!!

ghisto_pets@yahoo.com~

This is what he sent me!!

Fully weaned Congo African Grey Parrots.They are well socialized and come with a health guarantee, DNA papers, vet reports and lots of free accessories,They are home raised and trained hand fed and vet checked.They are free from any genetic disease and will come along with a health guarantee certificate of 1year.They are very sociable with other home pets and love a lot of playing especially with kids.So if interested in adopting these my greys then get back asap for more pictures and information.We do give out the parrots for £250 each.So where are you located and how soon do you need these birds? For we are located in Girvan-Scotland and delivery is available right up to door step if needed.

Thanks and waiting for you reply asap

followed by ~

so how many of the parrots will you be willing to take and what sexes ?

well delivery will cost you £200 and the parrot is £250 so all is going to cost £450.So you will get back to me with full names for the delivery paperworks,home address,street address,contact number and the name of your nearest airport so that we can use in the delivery asap.For more information please do get back

I did not follow this any further !!!

These are just to warn people what is out there .. so beware i posted these on my own accord and will stand by what i have posted on these people with the e-mail addresses posted also ,

until proven other-wise

PLEASE THINK IF IT SOUND'S TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE ~~~IT USUALLY IS !!

don't know if this has been posted-sorry if it has but this is the 1 I almost fell for

http://www.loot.com/rs6/cl.asp?ss_id=&action=fsrlt&atp=www&pn=&ps=10&cpg=sf&kyp=&subtap=lvl2&ord=&prc=&kyd=parrot&c1=3812

.... MadMudMob says: always happy to shorten links Posted Image

upon emailing about them the guy claims to be from cameroon on missionary work and being unable to afford to feed his british-born and raised birds.the british born bit came about when I mentioned quarantine.he then offered to send me both pairs for £300 and I rehome the ones I didn't want myself.he became quite insistent that I sent him money this monday coming.

Just had a look in Trade It and there is a female hyacinth macaw for £350, this seems to include free cage. There is also a picture of a macaw and dog - a very red looking macaw, which is a military, I think!

:?: :?: :?: Any one know anything?

Smacks of being highly suspicious to me.