Sign in to follow this  
elle

Naughty Eclectus!!

Pharrell has been sitting on the balcony on his playstand eating his fruit and watching the world go by.

Ive been sitting here on the computer but at the same time keeping an eye on him.

Just now, he flew off his stand onto the washing line so I went to the door to see what he was up to, watching from afar.

Guess what the little horror was doing?

He was pulling the pegs of my clean washing hanging on the line and letting my clothes drop on the floor!!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

well i came in today and my mum had bought a lovely new picture canvas thing to go on my wall, i let thebirds out, went downstairs to get them their fruit salad from the fridge to find they had both chewed itas much as they could grrrr

Yes, they are brilliant companions. Pharrell loves to be wherever i am and will follow me around the house. They love nothing more than to sit with you, kiss you, preen your hair, and coo in your ear! lol

Whats really funny is that they always look so lovingly into your eyes (well mine does anyway!!! lol) as if to say they love you to bits!! lol

Mind you, ive had a few girl friends round over the weekend and Pharrell has been the biggest flirt ever...............sitting on their shoulders, preening their hair and cooing in their ears!!!

He even kisses my cats (supervised by me at all times!) and they kiss him!!! lol lol

I definately recommend Eclectus :D:D:D

Went to visit Kleopatra (Lesley) a few days ago and it was great to meet her eclectus - though must admit what I really fell in love with was her Moluccan Cockatoos. Her male eclectus (she has at least four males and four females) were all over Molly - she had one on each shoulder cuddling up to her most of the time! I could see that they are really loving pets.

Eclectus do smell very strange though, we thought. Kind of fruity. To tell you the truth I prefer the smell of African Greys and Cockatoos. I just LOVED the smell of Beryl.

Monica

Yes, Eclectus do have a funny smell sometimes. It depends on what they've eaten. They do tend to smell of what they've been eating.

Yesterday my sister said Pharrell smelt funny!! lol lol - i laughed cos he'd just been eating a brussel sprout. When he eats spring onions he stinks of them!!!!!!!!! lol lol lol. Today hes munched his way through 2 kiwi fruit and loads of other fruit and he smells quite sweet!!! lol lol lol

Yes it was quite an experience to visit Leslie (Kleopatra). She had most of her pet birds out most of the time we were there and it was pretty hectic - in a nice way! Good thing she lives in the middle of the countryside, with only one lot of neighbours (who accept the birds) - the noise of the eclectus and the cockatoos together is quite considerable!

It's interesting that eclectus smell of what they've been eating. I never noticed that Beryl's body smelt any different depending on what she'd been eating. Eclectus and greys must have entirely different types of metabolism.