Sign in to follow this  
vwmadgirl

Ring number help and bald patch!

I brought a African grey a while back which was told she was 3 years old, she is a lovely friendly bird who just loves to be with me the other 2 i have that are males like my hubby better and try to bite me when i try and feed them anyway i have a have a couple of questions....

I was not given a hatch certificate when i got her and i would like to try and trace the breeder to get a idea of her real age, but have not see a ring like hers before so not sure where to start, some of you may have seen a ring like it though?

Its a S.S ring with the following on it CZ 0****8 does anyone know anything about this ring ?? Photo of her ring below -

Posted Image

Also i have noticed over that past few weeks that i can see her ears more and more they really stand out (as in the holes in the side of her head) and never noticed this on other birds and looking closer today it looks like she is going bald around that area ?

Here is a pic of her -

Posted Image

Posted Image

Anyone have any ideas what this could be ? or if it is something i should be worried about??

Any advice or help on my questions would be great :D

only thing that springs to mind hun is whether the other birds are over preening her a lot in that area or even plucking her? just my initial thought

This ring is very very similar to that on my grey Sindy.

CZ and 6 numbers.

I bought her from Michaela2000 - an excellent breeder from Wiltshire.

https://www.parrot-link.co.uk/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=3654

Hope this info helps. If not one of Michaela's babies she may have an idea of where your grey is from.

Thanks Jem :D

I don't think it's that as they don't really sit together let alone preen her they are all a bit funny like that and not that close lol Just noticed it has got worse over the last few weeks....

Thanks Little Als Mum :D

Someone else suggested her too i will pop her a email and ask i guess can't hurt can it .... she's a lovely bird really tame :D

:shock: :shock: I hope not!!! :?

Any other way to tell ?? Maybe she is just going through a moult she has not had one since i have had her which is about 2 months now , just never seen this with my other greys so thought i would ask if anyone else has seen it....

ive never seenit before eitherhun, and its not like she can reach that part of her head to pluck either

Stormy or someone willprobably be able to tell you more

sorry i wasnt good help

xx

Not that i have noticed :?

It was mentioned by someone that maybe it could be central heating? I had central heating fitted about 3-4 weeks ago after just having storage heaters , do you think it could be the change in that ? Her skin seems quite flaky round the ear also, and not noticed it on any of the other greys :?

It could be a heavey moult especially if it`s coincided with the new heating but it`s difficult to judge from a picture . If your worried about her , or if she`s not been seen by an avian vet since you`ve had her it could be worth while getting her checked over if nothing else to give you a clear mind !