Sign in to follow this  
Guest choccyb

Illegal Rabbit Logo cage - urgent advice needed

Guest choccyb

I have just been contacted by a local breeder of amazons and after discussing what would be best for Chip and what was available, we got onto the subject of cages and I have now discovered that the cage that I bought with Chip is illegal and very dangerous!!!!!!!! Am not greatly worried as dont have another cage to house her in!!! I also learnt that the breeder I was chatting to originally sold chip to the previous owner unclipped (she was clipped by the previous owner after promising to the breeder that she wouldnt) and was sold for £350 as she was an avairy bird. I paid £450 for her so the owner has stuck on another £100 for the cage which apparently has been known to be the cause of death of other parrots!!!!! Am now in a panic as to what to do. Need to get another cage asap.

Guest choccyb

Yes there is, gonna have to get one tomorrow from somewhere as darednt leave her in her cage after talking to her breeder. He is only 4 miles from Bridgwater and I am going to see him tomorrow as he has a Yellow Crowned baby who might come and keep my Chip company. He has got a 2nd hand cage which he gonna sell to me also, will ask on the off chance if he has any other cages lying around he wants to get rid of for the time being as going early morning. Had a good 45 min chat with him about my set up and what would be best all round, amazed to find he bred my Chip. Small world!!! Sounds like previous owner has been telling my porkies by a long way though about why she was rehoming Chip. African grey she supposedly got left in a will was on sale in a pet shop not so long ago in bad state in this illegal cage I have now got!!!!!!!!!!

Guest choccyb

Having looked through a few of those threads, am definately gonna need to get another cage tomorrow. Chip is fast asleep and doesnt chew any part of her cage that I have noticed so gonna leave her asleep for tonight and get another cage sorted tomorrow. If anyone has a spare cage going in the Somerset area feel free to contact me!!!

Guest choccyb

I will try and get a photo on there tomorrow. Shame as it is a nice looking cage, not sure if the woman I got it from was aware (I dont think so) but I have texted has to question why she charged me £100 more for Chip than she paid and told her that the cage I paid her for is illegal. No reply big surprise!!!!

Maybe she was genuinly charging you for the cage and didn`t know it was illegal?

I`m just glad you discovered it so that you can help your bird:)

Imagine if you had not of found out and something awful had of happened.

Can you give details of the manufacturer ect and maybe there could be a warning or something added to aid other pet owners?

Thanks for mentioning this:)

MMM I always always read your links before I post a question but seriously sometimes I can not find what I want, so I ask a direct question and I think maybe others will be asking the same question I am in their heads so it will help them too:)

I could not find a photo of the cage:) Some Ebay links turned up nothing too.

:)

I suspect when people post ebay item links that they are eventually deleted by ebay .... not anything I can do to remedy that but, as Stormy, says the only thing a range of cages had in common is the rabbit logo and that they were made in China.

This may help explain the difficulty in getting information out to our members and keeping it up to date etc:

WHY THE INFO TOPICS LEAD TO LINKS, MORE LINKS & SO ON:

https://www.parrot-link.co.uk/index.php?topic=15546.0

? Tis not helpful though when I am saying I can`t find something to just say the info is there. Could you not directly link me?

I get stuff like this when I click the links.

This listing (7742881019) has been removed or is no longer available. Please make sure you entered the right item number.

I wanted a photo of the cage or logo.

I realise it`s a posion issue.

Sometimes reading through realms of threads isn`t as good as direct info :D It`s why I love facts and not hearsey

? Tis not helpful though when I am saying I can`t find something to just say the info is there. Could you not directly link me?

I get stuff like this when I click the links.

This listing (7742881019) has been removed or is no longer available. Please make sure you entered the right item number.

I wanted a photo of the cage or logo.

I realise it`s a posion issue.

Sometimes reading through realms of threads isn`t as good as direct info :D It`s why I love facts and not hearsey

Did you see my reply?

Thank you Sharon I see it now:)

No probs, sometimes the links do appear a bit daunting!! Just wish we could see the rabbit a bit clearer, the only rabbit logo I can picture is the playboy one!! :oops: :wink: