Sign in to follow this  
Jasper1106

Summer is coming...

Hello everyone,

Just thought I would bore you all to death with a few more pictures of my U2 Taz; so you can see the progress that has been made. He is currently being trained with an aviator harness as the doors in this house are usually left wide open in the summer so better to be safe than sorry! He has taken to it well over the past 3 weeks and now has a fascination with wanting to go for "walkies" shall we say, lunges towards the door wanting to go outside! I am really impressed by the aviator harness and I cannot speak more highly of it, very light weight and your friends can flap about chasing.... well Taz chases flys (he hasn't won yet).

Due to a bit of a mix up I do have a spare brand new harness as I ended up with two if anyone is interested otherwise will try and track down a few friends.

Well here are a few pics anyway.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Aaahhh, what a darling!

Is there anything on the harness he could break?

I was looking at them, but my macaws chew through the fabric folds or the silver links on the traditional harnesses, so I'd need to be sure of safety before I bought a couple!

Hello all, thank you for the kind words again. Glad you enjoyed the pics!

Taz is extremely happy loves life nowadays, eating is a lot better but still incredibly picky.

Greenwing, I have a bunch of accessories for my other bird that lay in the "waste of money" box. The great thing about the Aviator is there aren't any buckles just a slider belt which the bird cannot seem to undo. On the DVD that comes with the harness on how to train them; they say to leave the harness for the birds to play with, on the footage macaws are happily chewing it so I guess this means it won't break in a hurry and eventually they will get bored of it and leave it alone when they are outside as it's an "old boring playtoy" in their book.

I have worked through the entire process with Taz over about 2-3 weeks and it's worked wonders, the harness doesn't bother him at all, he will quite happily fly, run and preen and have tickles while outside.