Sign in to follow this  
Greenwingmax

Macaw holiday help needed

Hi everyone, hope desperately someone can help out..

I have arranged holiday cover for all 6 of my parrots as we go to Canada on 5th May for a week. However I just got an email from the lady looking after Max, my 4 year old Greenwing macaw, to say one of her fosters has died and she doesn't want to let anyone else stay until she finds out what is wrong. So now I am in trouble,,

Please, please, please can anyone help? We live in Lancashire near Bury / Manchester and can travel for about an hour in any direction - any more than that and Max starts to vomit, he doesn't travel too well.

I am happy to pay and of course reciprocate. what a nightmare! :cry:

Here's hoping,

Rachel

Hi Roz,

Yes I looked through the postings under holiday cover but the nearest I could find with macaw experiece was Derby and the AA route planner says that is 2 hours away. Big fella would be in a mess to travel that far, however if no-one nearer can help, he'll perhaps just have to cope?

Rachel

Do route planner for S70 5EB if that is nearer I'm willing to help out at no cost, so long as you supply his main feed I can supply fruit ect'.

I am Northampton about 1H 20 min I think. I too have macaw experience and would have him with pleasure.

Could meet half way I am sure. Have spare macaw cage.

PS Try travelling him in the dark. It ofen helps.

if you're really stuck i might be able to have him. only prob is that 5th may is very close to my moving date. so whichever house we're in will be full to the rafter with boxes & bags & things.

Thanks Stephie, that is really appreciated. I am hoping I may be sorted though, so fingers crossed you won't be moving a GW along with your other crew!!!

Have you decided what to do about the cockatoo yet?

Rachel

i know i wont be ideal me having him for a holiday while i'm moving but the offer is always there if you get really stuck.

there's an update about the goffins on the other thread but in short we've decided it's too much for us to take on now. not just us, we have to think how the other 5 parrots would react as well.