Sign in to follow this  
val martin

LOST>>>Hahns Macaw, Preston, Hull,

So sorry that this bird has gone astray!

(I have edited out some of the ring details as these are your security for identification when the bird is found)

The link below contains many useful tips to help refind a lost bird:

https://www.parrot-link.co.uk/topic/7831-lostfound-important-help-advice-tips%c2%a9/

Our forum Lost/Found Co-ordinator, Potty's Mum will be glad to help in any way she can.

You can email her by clicking on enquiringmind@btinternet.com

Posted Image

Have you found your Hans yet? I am asking because this morning as I walked round Cevenham reservoir at 7am I heard what sounded like a very large parrot squawking. The noise came from trees in a farm yard at the far side of the reservoir. I stopped to see if I could spot the bird but there were too many leaves on the trees to get a sighting. As I walked away the bird squawked again. I walk there most week days so tommorrow I will take my binoculars and try to get a better look. Covenham is about 10 miles south of Grimsby and therefore it would be possible for your Hans to have made it this far.

Hope you find your Hanhs soon!!!

Ash - Hanhs macaws are particularly bug they are about the same size as a sun conure and is mainly green with a little bit of blue (around the top of the head and a little on the tips of the wings) and red (around the top of the wing (tiny bit) and a little on the tips of the wings)... or at least that was what Birdie (my old Hanhs Macaw) looked like.

I live not far from Preston I`ll keep an eye out. Hope you find your bird soon

Have you contacted the local Garden Centres ie Feathered Friends Coniston, Pets R Wright and The Bird Centre NeatMarsh Lane Hedon to see if anyone has reported a bird? These are all on the flight path a bird may take around Preston.

Heard the same noise in exactly the same place this morning but still couldn't see a parrot even though I had the binoculars. Will keep on looking.