Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jane Doe

Poor Tag

Guest Jane Doe

Saw this ad the other day, talk about contradictions, on here says an African grey when he's clearly a Timneh and says they have no room for him. The ad that's just appeared on prevloved is cheaper and says he's some strange made up word that's supposed to mean Timneh. On this one they says they are moving away??? Look at the state of his rusty cage and rotten old food that all looks like husks, he also has some cover over the top, guess they put it on him when they get fed up of him. I hope he gets a good home soon, looke like he's been for sale for ages, why use a picture from last November as well? :(

http://www.classifieds.co.uk/for_sale/pets-other/african_gray/ads/158076.asp

http://www.preloved.co.uk/fuseaction-adverts.showadvert/index-1031142973/ccff8782.html

Guest Jane Doe

I think prospective buyers need to go in with an open mind and take what this person says with a pinch of salt, they can't even get their story straight or the type of parrot right!

Guest Jane Doe

It reminds me of Apple the Sennie you rescued Steph, especially with that heavy cover hanging over the top of the cage. Been for sale since 27 Feb! :(

i did think that when i saw it. apple was in a cage in a similar state to that one (rusty). an she looked tatty and the food she was being given was cr*p.

OMG !!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: The poor thing ..........

Erith is on the Kent Borders, its not too far from me.......or the M25 the last junction before the Dartford Bridge or from Essex the 1st turnoff after the bridge!

Guest Jane Doe

I notice they don't say how old he is or how tame he is. Looks like they'd take an offer, doesn't even say near offer. The ad on preloved has been there 8 days now so anyone can respond to it.

OMG... He looks terrified, maybe he doesn't like the camera but his feathers have gone up. He doesn't look happy at all.

I'm in London within the next few weeks visiting rele's so I'll keep an eye and if he's not been sold then I'll at the very least ask the owners if I can go and see him and if he really is that bad then I'll beg me muvva to take him in...

Oh the poor little mite, I did say I had space for one more which would be a TAG. Now if I can only persaude the other half.

He really does pull the heart strings definately in need of some loving.

We saw this too, and I took one look at the cage and thought ewwwwwww that poor birdie has to live in there, hope he finds someone who can take good care of him soon

Jayne x

Guest gothbob

I SOOOOOOOO wish i hadnt read this thread as i live in kent (erith is only 30 min away) and just looking at the poor thing reminds me of our TAG and what he was like before we got him!

He is now a happy (if slightly odd), pretty tame and friendly bird.

I have contacted him in the first instance, I dont know something about it doesnt ring right, he cant type for sh*t to start with. I'm wondering if it's a scam. Hoping I can persude someone local in the rescue to go and at least see him, see what situations he's living in. I admit the picture doesnt look good at all, but hopefully things will have improved since the pic was taken.

Guest Jane Doe

I wondered if things had got worse since the picture was taken hence using one that dates back to Novemeber... :?

Okay really gonna stick my neck out here.................please dont shoot me... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Erith is a really horrible area, and saying the place is a dump, really is an understatement. There are alot of 'travellers' [please dont string me up here] as I like the 'genuine travellers' but these people are not, they are truely nasty people and Erith is full of them. I can say this truthfully as I used to live in Abbey Wood which is less the 5mins away.

*This is a distressing story, but sadly true*An example, when I was living in Abbey Wood, I heard of a Jack Russell puppy, who was being kicked about [this was their pet] and had loads of broken bones, and I asked the man who told me about it to please get the puppy and I would take it in as he knew these people, he said no problem, came back a few hours later and told me that the kids had kicked it in the head and the puppy had died........

Maybe I am wrong and this is a genuine sale - personally I dont belive it is..........whoever goes to see this bird please dont go alone?????

I truely do not want to offend any genuine travellers that are on here, but I am sure you will understand the type of 'travellers' I am talking about that give the genuine ones a bad name!