Sign in to follow this  
Harry's Mummy

Harry - Is he moulting?????

Is this the time of year that CAG's start to moult?

When cleaning out Harry's cage last night, there was an odd large feather and a few fluffy ones, I gave him a good check over and he dosent appear to be plucking, and he is just a little more tempremental than usual.......

Any thoughts?

The little fluffy Parroty Snowflakes are his 'undercoat' and fall out just about daily = no worries.

He may well be beginning to moult - I use this once they start just to give them a boost:

Feather Up ...

http://www.birdcareco.com/actinic/The_Birdcare_Company_Feather_Up_74.html

Here's some previous threads on moulting if you fancy a cuppa and a read ...

https://www.parrot-link.co.uk/topic/10959-feather-condition/

The little fluffy Parroty Snowflakes are his 'undercoat' and fall out just about daily = no worries.

There is normally about 1 or 2 but last night there was about 8 :shock: or am I just worrying too much?

Thanks for the links and I will get him some Feather Up, and grab a cuppa later and read the other links.

Thanks

Hi, Ive noticed with Mackie (CAG) that over the last few weeks he has lost a few feathers (more than normal) but doesnt appear to be plucking, been wondering if he maybe moulting as well? havent really experienced a proper moult with him yet..

It is hard to be precise in telling you what to expect when a bird moults as it varies from individual to individual.

It can be short spells where a lot of feathers seem to be dropped or much more prolonged with just a few at a time being moulted ... some birds seem to do it all in one go, others seem to be almost always moulting a little.

Thank you, have just ordered some Feather up and will keep up with his daily baths etc, he certainly doesnt seem too bothered at the moment but will keep an eye on him. Its really only been over the last couple of weeks but he may be an all at once bird rather than gradual me thinks :) As always thanks for the advice

Poppy is moulting...

She seems to have "dropping days" and days she doesn't drop so many feathers.

Many little feathers coming through and she is well grumpy as well.

One thing we have noticed too is that she have lost some of her ernomous appetite too, seems to be more picky of what she eats...

We have put it down to general grumpyness.

I can scratch the new feathers but her favourite person can't which is well weird.

Maybe she has decided she likes me now that daddy put a monster (a playstand) in our lounge...

Poppy has never been as scared of anything before!!

She would not let Chris even touch her the day he build the playstand :shock:

well it has only been about 3 weeks so early days :roll:!!!