Sign in to follow this  
shootingstew

help info wanted - paperwork?

right the story goes i had a parrot of someone about a year ago the reason they was selling him was they did not have time for him as they worked i went round several times to see them/bird before i bought him every thing was how you expect when we collocted the bird they said they had his papers for him but could not find them i am still in contact with them now a year later and they still can not find them is there any way i can get copies buy me / them contacting some one he has his ring on his leg and is very tame so not wild caught

Firstly, can you tell us what sort of bird as some birds need Cites papers (such as some of the Cockatoos) but birds like Greys tend to only have paperwork like a hatch certificate listing when they were born.

The difference being Cites birds must have papers but there is no obligation for non-Cites birds like Greys to have any.

hes a africa grey it must just be a hatch certificate they was on about which i dont think i am that intrested in cheers everyone for the replys i was thinking its some bit of paper like a dogs pedigree showing your the owner ect

if it's a grey you've got then you don't legally need any papers. sometimes the hatch certificate, DNA tests are known as 'papers' as well which can be a bit confusing.