Sign in to follow this  
MadMudMob™

Today's Info Topic of the day is .....

Brilliant idea, not just for the so many newcomers who may feel a bit overwelmed by all the useful threads but a reminder to old members to... sometimes we get a little complacent lol!!!

this was a great idea. Reminded Me----- I have a "Sonny and Cher" folder. today I printed out this specific topic and placed it in there.

when me and hubby are on vacation my sister, house and animal sits for us. face page of folder is emergency number for Sonny and Cher's vet. folder is placed on kitchen table with their dos and don'ts, diet, etc. your Info Topic today was a great reminder. any new information I place in folder is reviewed with my sister. it can all be taken for granite unless you deal with it daily.

thanks--- wish I could take credit for being siteful but after about 10 phone calls from big sis on first vacation with her sitting I learned. (especially when I threatened my sis) "Don't you dare let anything happen to them!!!!!" :D

:oops: aw shucks :D thanks. detail is the "name of my game" drives hubby wacko.

after 25 years at General Motors, raised on dairy farm with all sorts of critters and being responsible for their care it has become my pleasure. have to say though,,,,,of all animals--fur, skin, hair or feathers parrots are the toughest but the most rewarding also :D:D

probably should not be changing subjects on this topic but I'm sure someone will let me know.

anyway sharongooner just viewed your photobucket. your boxer is beautiful. I wish I would not have had Tobbies ears docked. I regret that to this day even tho it has been 6 years ago. tail i'd have to think about but never ears again.

I do not want to deter from this great "Today's Info topic" but I'm gonna.

quite time has just started for me. everybody is snoozing and dreaming. even Baby Bird he is my little zebra finch in computer room with me but I have light off and he is tucked tight in his little nest. Bob my hubby just has fits if I do not come in and watch TV with him after dinner. so in I go and after 10 minutes he is fast asleep and then I can honestly say quite time has begun!!! :lol:

Amber (boxer) has just came down for a wee, after going to bed, she had one of those "shoe chews" this evening..... we used to give them to her a few months back, but she showed some possessive behaviour over them so we stopped. Tonights has gone down well. Think the fact we have two cats now as opposed to one seems to have taken that behaviour away (very glad!).

I much prefer to see the ears eau naturale so to speak (spl on that one lol!!) being as she is a pet, no need, not a show dog, or working dog.

Tail........... after 7 years of being whipped, battered bruised, not to mention me lol (yes she has injured it herself also!) I still wouldnt have her without it, wouldnt be the same dog. I think there are laws coming in (they have been since forever......) about docking tails unnecessarily, but as far as I know we are still waiting to hear.

I saw a lovely cross breed today.......... not sure what it was, but the body was definatly a whippet/greyhound, very short haired, but he had a gorgeous long tail with all hair/fir hanging from it (like a collie), and he hung it high and proud and looked so happy..........:) made me smile anyway :)

OK---suebarrass..... I get that odor same from my hubby!!!

finding reputable vet in US to crop dog ears is becoming very difficult. I totally agree that they should not be done. Tobbie our boxer almost lost all of her ears because they were so butchered, let alone the other infection that ran through her body.

Im off to bed..Billy has just awoken.... "mum....can you make my bed".......... he knows how to do it, but I think he likes me doing it last thing. I know what will happen though........... I will get up there, all locked up and all lights off and he will say "mum..... can you make me a drink please"....

Hence...... gonna make him one anyway lol!!!

Nite all xx