Sign in to follow this  
cgm

A few DD questions for David

:D

1) This is about your Small Bird Special

Small Bird Special consists of:

5kg DD Australian Deluxe (for Bengalese, Zebra finches, Gouldians etc)

5kg Cockatiel mix

5kg Grass Parakeet mix (for Bourkes, Splendids, Rosellas etc)

5kg DD Estrildid mix (for waxbills)

I thought I'd try some Grass parakeet mix for my rosellas, but it doesn't seem to be listed on its own. Can I buy some without the rest?

2) I'm trying not to feel silly asking this :oops:

Wild Seeds 2.5kg

Cultivated seeds including Grasses, Thistles, Onion, Carrot, Radish, Sesame, Garden Cress

Are these for planting or feeding? :oops:

3) Nutricrunch

I like the sound of no-mess with this (because I think it'll help to keep my rosellas' aviary much more hygenic) but when you add to it to make a good mix for rosellas will you be adding anything 'messy' ?

4) This is a pine nuts SOS lol.

My latest 15 kg sack of parrot premium has no pine nuts in it. Where have they gone?

This is sooo sad, because they are my cag's treat, and I always pick them out and keep them for specials.

I've now been through the whole sack - not one!

I'm in such trouble here lololol, nothing else will do!

Whatever else I offer gets thrown straight on the ground. :roll:

I was just getting ready to order some when I thought I'd ask the other questions first. :D

Thanks David

OK.

1. You can buy Grass Parakeet mix ("ZZ") as a single item. I am, as we speak, sorting out the new categories in the DD shop to make it easier (hopefully) to find stuff.

2.Wild Seeds are for eating. Usually purchased by Canary/Finch owners.

3.Nutricrunch is out of stock till next week. It should be OK for Rosellas but you would need to add more small seeds such as Millets I think.

4. Although Parrot Premium is pretty consistent over a long period, every now and then the recipe changes a bit (we buy it pre-mixed). As I use it myself I can monitor the quality. If you had no cedar/pine nuts that probably means that when mixed, they were either not available or not good enough to use.

Thank you David! I'll write an order over the weekend, ready for when Nutricrunch is back in stock.

Have you got any pine nuts small enough for a grey?

Thank you David! I'll write an order over the weekend, ready for when Nutricrunch is back in stock.

Have you got any pine nuts small enough for a grey?

If he hasnt Tesco's sell them, so do Asda and M&S already shelled. My grey loves them. :)

Guest deleted

It took me ages to find the PP frutti last night, in the end i just went to my last order - David must be still moving stuff about.

I have a couple of Q's for David too...

I was going to order some Nutricrunch for Chopper, but i am not sure if you sent me that to try before instead of the PP fruitti?

I wondered if there was going to be an African grey section?

My barrabands have been trying the PP frutti for the past couple of evenings and they absolutely love it, is it okay for them to eat instead of the boring usual parakeet seeds? Do you do a varied or 'frutti' kind of parakeet mix?

Also when you click the enlarge picture it pops up and is just the same size :?: I find it quite hard to see the picture thumbnails on my pc.