Sign in to follow this  
kasperx

moveing galahs

Could you offer any advise on our galahs?.

All our galahs have been kept in doors as we acquired them to late to put into outside flights, however both pairs have been mating for the last three weeks, I have new flights arriving for them next Sunday, but was unsure if I should move them. could you also explain why some of the galahs have pink specks around the outer eye, does it have anything to do with their sex.

Not sure but I`d think that as they`ve been indoors that it is still too cold to move them outdoors . As for them mating I`m not sure ---- if they were Conures I`d say not to worry as they mate for fun and not just to produce young but I`m not sure about about Galahs Mike k or Honesty would be able to answer you but I`m not sure who else if no one answers you in say the next 24 hours I`d mail one of them and ask !

Hi Kasperx i keep and breed galahs and agree with stormbird i wouldnt put them out till may its not worth the risk cant you provide nest boxes indoors my prs have chicks now so getting well into there season, i cant answer about specks around there eyes either they just have them.

Both pairs do have nest boxes, and one pair have been spending a lot of time in the nest box. Just wondered If there was any chance of them breeding in doors. I will however wait until May as you suggest before moving them. Thanks for the advise