Sign in to follow this  
nattynat01

looking for insurance?

hello,

i dont need to say how important it is to have good insurance cover ,but to anyone new or looking to change can i recommend golden valley.I know peoples experiances a different ,but in one week they have settled my claim for eider and they included a very nice letter of sympathy and posted the vet's money to them. There was no fuss or problem at all so if you are looking check them out.

http://www.goldenvalleyinsurance.co.uk

They were brilliant with the last claim I had. Sadly my vets insisted I pay up front which is a bit of a bummer, but got my settlement cheque through within 5 days of the claim. Sharron is also a parrot keeper so its nice to be insured with somebody in the know so to speak.

I'm with exotic pets direct, and luckily I've not claimed yet, but they have been very helpful when I ring with queries on other birds insurance etc....

Be careful with them. Have you read the "referral clause"?

If you go to a non avian vet who then refers you to an avian vet this clause kicks in and you are then liable for a 35% excess. I learnt the hard way :twisted:

With Golden Valley the excess is £12.00, no hidden clauses... cant recommend them enough 8)

I am with Golden Valley too, with the amount of birds I have at the moment they are fantastic.. Cant fault them, even though so far (touch wood) I havent had to make a claim :P

Sorry I've only just found this thread again! I had read that there be problems say relating to plucking issues etc, but I had not seen that other clause. I will go look in a bit, thanks so much for warning me! With my nearest vet in Solihull, in an emergency I would take my birds to the clinic just up the road who are experienced with birds, so I guess if they referred me that would do the job and I would get to pay a nice extra whacking fee! :o

Same here ^^ such a small amount for what you get in return.

Yes Mandy you would definately have fallen into the referral clause trap!! Phew :)

Hi annie I was with E&L until recently, they could never get the details right on the policy for our Senegal, they kept implying she was living 5 doors down my street I telephoned them constantly only for them never to correct it, the price was ok but they kept on increasing it, so now im with golden valley

Jayne x