Sign in to follow this  
Amber's slaves

Don't you just hate it.....

We had friends round for tea tonight who had yet to meet Amber, we'd been telling them about Amber's repertoire and how funny she is.

So, they arrive tonight and admire her and she stays silent (which was expected), after about 2 hours she starts to make the odd bird noise and then just kept on saying hello, over and over :roll:

She didn't do anything else except say hello - I'm sure they didn't believe me when I said she could say all sorts and blow kisses, etc... would you when all she kept saying was 'hello'....

Bless her, she was tired as she didn't really nap much today - she was probably getting her own back on me for not going out today so she could have her usual shut eye

Ha ha - this is so true! They do it on purpose to make you look stupid I swear! :D

Louis will always impress friends and relatives by remaining absolutely silent when they come in. If not out and about in the company, he will sit and huddle in his cage, all forlorn and sorry looking - all he needs is a big sign saying 'they beat me' and the picture is complete. Then as soon as everyone is gone he will start mouthing off and saying what a good boy he is, and 'oo, you bugger' etc :D

Glad to know that Amber is just the same! :wink:

Lol they show us up every time. Will Amber talk if you leave the room (I am picturing a huddle of guests outside the door listening...)

At least Amber was saying Hello.

Baby says Bye- bye all the time, you usually only have to wave at her.

But if a visitor leaves the room to go to the loo... she very cheerfully says bye-bye :oops:

Yep. I was in the kitchen yesterday and she was chatting away! I just talk back to her and she's happy.

This morning my boyfriend uncovered her and the first thing she said was 'hello, alright?' and then as he changed her water 'what you doing'... unbelievable....