Sign in to follow this  
Guest deleted

Parroty songs

Guest deleted

Just wondered how many of you make up songs or adapt them to suit your birds :?: We have lots we sing because they really love it but my fav is the one we sing to timmi thats in the style of 'chim chiminey' :lol: lol - I will spare you the details :wink: lol.

Posted Image

I sing (however badly) to each of my birds and they really like Old McDonalds Farm.

Each bird has a song adapted to use their names too .... Fezz's is Pop Goes The Weasel and Jo-Jo's is Three Blind Mice.

They really enjoy them and especially react to the bits where their names are :)

It all started just before xmas :oops:

I hold my hands up: I can't sing or whistle. So I lalala de laa ect and even that's not in tune, but peter loves my rendition of 'come all ye faithfull', he now does this when I am out of the room and I answer him :oops:

still a lot better than those loud squarks :lol:

Don't worry simon cowell, i won't be entering the x factor, neither will Peter :oops:

Guest parrotlady

My Baby Blue (BF amazon who will be 10 this year!) will melt at any soppy song sung REALLY soppily, but his favourite is 'who's his mommy's lickle boy, who's his mommy's baby, etc' to the tune of Pop goes the weazel. 'How much is that doggie in the window' is sung by several amazons, while some of the big macaws and the patagonian 'head-bang' in time. Gyspy the YC amazon is tone deaf, even worse than me AND my daughter (sorry Becky!! :oops: ) but what she lacks in singing ability she more than makes up for in enthusiasm and volume!! She has heard me singing operatic duets :shock: with one of the greys, so now sings 'Doggie in the window' with an operatic tremor in her voice!! And Fizz the OW, who is so sweet and pretty and cuddly, has a voice like a corn crake, she just deafens everybody!!! :roll:

Guest locked out

Yep, anything can be adapted to song in our house, dont know what the neighbours think whilst Im walking around the house singing "Im goin to get you your grapes now" in a really bad singing voice lol!!!

Anything goes, and I rather like it, makes for a happy house I think!

Guest locked out

Of course I was lying there.......... we never argue, we are of course completely and utterly perfect :P :twisted: 8) lol!!!!!

'How much is that parrot in the window

the one with the lovely long tail.....etc etc

- punctuated with either 'toot toot' (his latest fav noise), kiss kiss or a wolf whistle - sung slowly Alfie-macaw goes all gooey and sung upbeat he dances like mad, I can hardly sing for laughing.

Guest locked out

Can you imagine the howl if we all got together and sang our parroty tunes at the same time?! :):):)

Guest deleted

Lol your houses sound just as mad as mine. My neighbour has commented before that he hears the tags singing, it was probably me but i let them take the blame :blush:

Choppers favourite song is Little Razorblade by the pink spiders he does the do do do bits really well, and he is such a great dancer! The barrabands love music, even my singing. They don't talk but they go 'wild'.

It's really cute when one of the tags start singing as the other starts so we get a duet.

I can't sing at all but that does not stop me having a go, only thing is Mango whistles then sings in an old mans voice then when I am really outta tune he well it's a cross between a cat meowing and screaming that usually has me in fits of laughter, yup have to agree a mad house is a happy house.

i sing the copa cabana to lola.

you know the one that goes her name is she was a showgirl with yellow feathers in her hair etc etc.

ooooh just realised i could sing it to showgirl as well.

Ha ha! can't see that somehow...unless Ozzy will lay on his back on her head.

One of Baby's favourites is Barbie girl, by Aqua.

When she says Hello Baby it is drawn out like Barbie)So I think she thinks it is her song

:)

My freddie has been learning the jingle bells whistle that we tried to teach him two christmasses ago, and this week he hasnt stopped whistleing it!! Quite appropriate today when the snow was falling lol!!

Always, Even have a bird CD. We dance too. They love me to jump around and wave my head. They run up and down the perch with me.

Of course they could be loving for the phone to call the men with white coats.