Sign in to follow this  
pabala2

Thankyou all

I would like to thank everybody for helping me realise maybe I am not suitable for a parrot. I say I was treated terrible by everyone the other day. I have decided I will have to speak with my husband and let him know my decision. Everyone made me feel as though I was not worthy to have a parrot even though hard as I tried to reassure them, they did not listen.

Thankyou to you all, how is someone meant to learn about the care etc of a parrot or any animal unless they have had one, surely you have not all been perfect.

sorry had to moan, but I had to let you know how you make people feel

Sorry you feel that way but most here are very passionate about the care of parrots... I also have to say coming here with no knowledge of parrots or the care of them then asking for free/cheap birds and cages rather left you wide open to comments you obviously did not like.

So maybe the reason/blame for your above post lies 50/50 :wink:

Maybe, but did you know everything about parrots before you got one. Please realise this has been harder for us as we are members of Birdlins and still have to have a check done of our home. My husband and I tried to adopt human babies as we cant have our own, we went through the process and were turned down because both my husband and My mother died from cancer, we were then concidered as unsuitable parents incase we died young. Surely you must nderstand that the stress of trying to adopt a bird is twice as bad, we lost on adopting once, twice would be worse. The stress just now is getting to me and the way I was treated yestereday did not help. It made me rethink that if people on here were like this with me, what change do we stand of rehoming

Guest showgirl

Pabala2..i have to congratulate you on your post, i think it took guts and honesty to say what you have..i think your initial postings were unfortunate, and i guess it riled some of us, me included. It was never the intention to make you feel like you werent 'worthy' of having a parrot..i think many of us just felt that you were after something that the rest of us have to save, wait and then buy. If you, within your heart of hearts feel that you still would like a bird, then maybe in time you will get one.

No-one is perfect, and i think we all know that, we are all, as Abez says we are all fiercely passionate about the parrots we love and sometimes that passions boils over.

If i upset you, then i apologise and wish you all the best in whatever you decide to do.

Edited to say, i just read your second post once i'd sent this..there may well be no reason that you cant adopt a bird from BL if one comes up. I realise that it must be very difficult to have been turned down re adopting a baby, sadly so many babies need good, loving parents, yet so many are still in care..saying you MAY die young seems a ridiculous argument...i guess that's bureacreacy for you. :(

I concede I did not know everything about birdkeeping when I first got a bird nor will I ever know everythingI learn each and everyday.

Please do not take me the wrong way with my above post, stick around, do some reading and above all else take part in the many discussions here, not only will you learn, you will get to know people and they will get to know you.

Just because you got a rough ride yesterday does not make you unsuitable to care and love a single bird or a flock, I urge you not to give up at the first hurdle.

Guest deleted

Hmmm a bit odd your airing your upset now it has blown over.

What about the post requesting to know how much our parrots costed? I saw no bad mouthing or ill feeling posted there only the answers you requested.

I'm not sure what has happened between your post then ( https://www.parrot-link.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=250977&highlight=#250977 ) and now to make a difference???

I think it was my remarks to people not realising how much a parrot (or any other bird) does cost.

Sometimes people do get a little over heated in their parroty discusions, myself included but this doesn't mean anyone has the right to judge you if you are a suitable 'parront' and i am sure it was not meant in that way. I think that people tend to highlight the downsides (costs, nopise, destructiveness, etc) to newcomers as these are reasons that people tend to get rid of birds - especially when they purchase on a whim.

You are right we all do have to learn somewhere and most of us are learning still.

Thanks for your reply, I am loggin off all parrot site just now as the last few days have got to me, my emotions are running high and I need to take a break from it all. Its harder than a lot could imaging, but hey thats life I suppose.

Thanks all and bye

Thanks but no I have made my mind up. I am going to talk to my hubby tonight and tell him how I feel after the last few days. Thanks again but I have left all the other sites and would like to be invisible to this one

Thankyou all. I have calmed the emotions and I would like to thank all for there support. I will stay a member it thats ok,as its a great site, I judged wrong and I apologise to everyone,

Thanks again

So glad you have decided to hang around. Read as much as you can in the various sections, ask questions no matter how silly you may think they are and take part in the topics and soon you'll be well known and well on your way to learning all you can about all types of parrots.

If you have a question and are afraid to post it PM me the question and I'll help you as much as I possibly can :)

glad you decided to stick around. you won't believe what you will gain :D . no other forum anywhere in at least 2 continents is better than this one!! :)

Ahh wait until we go intergalactic!